Tronconi Segarra & Associates has a strong background in providing performance audit services to clients, particularly governmental clients.
In broad terms, a performance audit is an objective and systematic examination of evidence to provide an independent assessment of the performance and management of a program against objective criteria. The findings of a performance audit are used to improve program operations and facilitate decision making by parties with responsibility to oversee or initiate corrective action and improve public accountability.
A performance audit can help to answer the following questions:
- Is a program achieving its goals and objectives?
- Is an agency or entity acquiring, protecting and using its resources in the most productive manner to achieve program objectives?
- Are resources being used in compliance with laws, regulations or other requirements; and are they safeguarded against unauthorized acquisition, use or disposition?
- What laws, regulations, contract provisions, grant agreements and other requirements exist that may impact the acquisition, protection and use of the program’s or entity’s resources?
- What guidance and/or best practice information can be gleaned from the performance audit findings that could assist budget makers, legislators, decision makers and other stakeholders in developing future programs?
Tronconi Segarra & Associates holds a General Services Administration Contract under Category 520 – Financial and Business Solutions, enabling us to provide performance audits for federal government agencies, departments, administrations, bureaus and other federal, state and local government bodies. Click here for additional information.