Employee Benefit Plan Services
It can be challenging for an employer to understand and comply with the numerous fiduciary responsibilities accompanying employee benefit plan offerings. Tronconi Segarra & Associates has extensive experience with audits of employee benefit plans for public and private plan sponsors of defined benefit and defined contribution plans, as well as multi-employer and single-employer Taft-Hartley plan audits. We have been a member of the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center (“EBPAQC”) since 2007; and we are a member of the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans. We continue to demonstrate that we meet the stringent qualifications required to earn the EBPAQC designation by following specific audit policies and procedures and obtaining annual continuing professional education specific to employee benefit plans.
We offer our clients a documented, streamlined audit approach, a timetable from audit inception to completion, and superior client service every step of the way. Specific employee benefit plan audit services include:
- Full scope or limited scope audits of qualified defined contribution and defined benefit employee benefit plans as required by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (“ERISA”).
- Audits of 401(k), 403(b), profit sharing, pension and multi-employer plans.
- Multi-employer and single-employer Taft-Hartley employee benefit plans.
- Audits of welfare benefit plans.
- Review of Form 5500.
- Multi-year audits of plans not compliant with annual reporting obligations.
- Consultation regarding operational defects.
- Consultation regarding plan termination.
- Consultation regarding issues of eligibility, vesting, deferral calculations and remittance and employer contribution calculations.
- Technical updates on DOL or IRS matters
Tronconi Segarra & Associates offers a wide range of tax compliance and planning services to qualified retirement plans, executive deferred compensation plans and equity-based plans such as options, SARs and phantom stock. Specific tax services include:
- Annual IRS Form 990 preparation and filing
- Annual Form 5500 preparation
- Annual contribution calculations and allocations
- DOL notice filings
- SARs/phantom stock design assistance and review
- Tax advice
- Other regulatory compliance services as requested