- Tronconi Segarra & Associates LLP
- Senior Analyst, State & Local Tax (SALT), October 2020 – Present
- RR Donnelley & Sons, Grand Island, New York, 2003 – 2020
- Senior Manager – Sales/Use Tax; Manager – Sales/Use Tax
- Moore Wallace North America, Niagara Falls, New York, 1996 – 2003
- Supervisor – Sales/Use Tax; Senior Tax Analyst; Tax Analyst
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- 24 years of experience working for the world’s largest printing company responsible for tax planning and tax compliance oversight including all aspects of multi-state taxation concentrated in transaction-type taxes (sales and use tax).
- Led sales and use tax compliance processes for more than 3,300 returns across 20 legal entities in the U.S. and Canada, including working with cross-functional teams to resolve tax controversies, optimize tax systems and implement tax-saving strategies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of key manufacturing processes allowing for insightful assistance with sales and use tax and property tax controversies including dispute resolution at the audit and administrative levels.
- Successful negotiations to abate millions of dollars in sales tax payments purported to be owed as a result of a state sales tax audit.
- Appropriate identification and execution of utility studies, reverse audits and other strategies to obtain sales tax over-payment recoveries that directly benefit the bottom line and improve cash flow on a forward-looking basis.
- Significant proficiency in tax/sales and use tax research, compliance, reporting and productivity software packages.
- State University of New York College at Buffalo, Bachelor of Science Degree, Computer Information Systems, 2001
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Bachelor of Science Degree, Business Administration with a Concentration in Accounting, 1997
- Vertex Sales Tax Returns
- Vertex Cloud
- Vertex O Series
- Vertex Tax Decision Maker
- Astea Dispatch-1
- McCormick & Dodge Systems
- CCH Tax Research Software
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access